Citi Benefits Handbook
Geriatric Care Services
When an older relative's physical or mental health changes or his or her ability to handle routine activities is impaired, the stress on you and your family can be significant, and few people have the expertise to determine which concerns require immediate care. The situation can be even more difficult for those who live at a distance from older relatives.
Geriatric Care Services can provide the following:
- Consultation with an experienced professional who can answer common caregiving questions;
- Four hours of consultation time with a Geriatric Care Manager;
- Assistance with care planning, including a full assessment of the adult's health and living situation;
- A review of the quality of care in different facilities; and
- Implementation and coordination of caregiving services to meet the needs of the older adult and family members.