Citi Benefits Handbook
Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act Grievance Procedure
It is the policy of Citigroup not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. Citigroup has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action prohibited by Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act, issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Section 1557 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in certain health programs and activities. Section 1557 and its implementing regulations may be requested from the office of Citi Global Benefits Department, 388 Greenwich St.,15th Floor, New York, NY 10013.
Any person who believes someone has been subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability may file a grievance under this procedure. It is against the law for Citigroup to retaliate against anyone who opposes discrimination, files a grievance or participates in the investigation of a grievance.
- Grievances must be submitted to the Citi Global Benefits Department (the Section 1557 Coordinator) within 60 days of the date the person filing the grievance becomes aware of the alleged discriminatory action.
- A complaint must be in writing, containing the name and address of the person filing it. The complaint must state the problem or action alleged to be discriminatory and the remedy or relief sought.
- The Citi Global Benefits Department (or its designee) shall conduct an investigation of the complaint. This investigation may be informal, but it will be thorough, affording all interested persons an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to the complaint. The Global Benefits Department will maintain the files and records of Citigroup relating to such grievances. To the extent possible, and in accordance with applicable law, the Citi Global Benefits Department will take appropriate steps to preserve the confidentiality of files and records relating to grievances and will share them only with those who have a need to know.
- The Citi Global Benefits Department will issue a written decision on the grievance, based on a preponderance of the evidence, no later than 30 days after its filing, including a notice to the complainant of their right to pursue further administrative or legal remedies.
- The person filing the grievance may appeal the decision of the Citi Global Benefits Department by writing to the Citi Global Benefits Department (Section 1557 Administrator) within 15 days of receiving the decision. The Section 1557 Administrator shall issue a written decision in response to the appeal no later than 30 days after its filing.
The availability and use of this grievance procedure do not prevent a person from pursuing other legal or administrative remedies, including filing a complaint of discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in court or with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights. A person can file a complaint of discrimination electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, which is available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue SW, Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201.
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html. Such complaints must be filed within 180 days of the date of the alleged discrimination.
Citigroup will make appropriate arrangements to ensure that individuals with disabilities and individuals with limited English proficiency are provided auxiliary aids and services or language assistance services, respectively, if needed to participate in this grievance process. Such arrangements may include, but are not limited to, providing qualified interpreters, providing taped cassettes of material for individuals with low vision, or assuring a barrier-free location for the proceedings. The Citi Global Benefits Department will be responsible for such arrangements.
Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access the following information. For assistance, please call the Citi Benefits Center via ConnectOne at 1 (800) 881-3938 (or call the Telecommunications Relay Service at 711 and then call ConnectOne).
Smartphone or Tablet
To view documents from your smartphone or tablet, the free WinZip app is required. It may be available from your App Store.
Citigroup complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude or treat people differently based on their race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Citigroup provides free aids/services to people with disabilities and to people who need language assistance.
If you need a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services, call the Citi Benefits Center via ConnectOne at 1 (800) 881-3938 (or call the Telecommunications Relay Service at 711 and then call ConnectOne).
If you believe we have failed to provide these services or otherwise discriminated based on a protected class noted above, you can also file a grievance with the office of Citi Global Benefits Department, 388 Greenwich St.,15th Floor, New York, NY 10013.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue SW., Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201, or at 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD).
For language assistance in your language call the number on your medical plan ID Card at no cost. (English)
Para obtener asistencia lingüística en español, llame sin cargo al número que figura en su tarjeta de identificación. (Spanish)
欲取得繁體中文語言協助，請撥打您 ID 卡上所列的號碼，無需付費。(Chinese)
Pour une assistance linguistique en français appeler le numéro indiqué sur votre carte d'identité sans frais. (French)
Para sa tulong sa wika na nasa Tagalog, tawagan ang nakalistang numero sa iyong ID card nang walang bayad. (Tagalog)
Ben�tigen Sie Hilfe oder Informationen auf Deutsch? Rufen Sie kostenlos die auf Ihrer Versicherungskarte aufgeführte Nummer an. (German)
للمساعدة في )اللغة العربية(، الرجاء الاتصال على الرقم المجاني المذكور في بطاقتك التعريفية. ) Arabic )
Pou jwenn asistans nan lang Krey�l Ayisyen, rele nimewo a yo endike nan kat idantifikasyon ou gratis. (French Creole)
Per ricevere assistenza linguistica in italiano, pu� chiamare gratuitamente il numero riportato sulla Sua scheda identificativa. (Italian)
한국어로 언어 지원을 받고 싶으시면 보험 ID 카드에 수록된 무료 통화번호로 전화해 주십시오. (Korean)
برای راهنمايی به زبان فارسی، بدون هيچ هزينه ای با شماره ای که بر روی کارت شناسايی شما آمده است تماس بگيريد. انگليسی
( Persian )
Aby uzyskać pomoc w języku polskim, zadzwoń bezpłatnie pod numer podany na karcie ID. (Polish)
Para obter assistência linguística em português ligue para o número grátis listado no seu cart�o de identificaç�o. (Portuguese)
Чтобы получить помощь русскоязычного переводчика, позвоните по бесплатному номеру, указанному в вашей ID-карте удостоверения личности. (Russian)
Để được hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ bằng (ngôn ngữ), hãy gọi miễn phí đến số được ghi trên thẻ ID của quý vị. (Vietnamese)