Citi Benefits Handbook
MetLife Preferred Dentist Program (MetLife PDP)
The MetLife Preferred Dentist Program (MetLife PDP) is a preferred provider organization (PPO) consisting of a nationwide network of dentists and specialists who charge negotiated fees that are typically lower than the provider's normal fee. This reduces your out-of-pocket cost.
The MetLife PDP offers:
- Stringent credentialing requirements for providers;
- Personalized provider directories that you can view online or order by telephone and have faxed or mailed to you; and
- Total freedom of choice; you can visit any dentist at any time.
You can take advantage of the PDP feature, which consists of a network of dentists who accept fees that are typically 10% to 30% less than average charges. When visiting a PDP dentist, you are responsible only for the difference between the Plan's benefit payment amount and the PDP dentist's fee.
To find out if your dentist is in the PDP network:
- Visit the MetLife MyBenefits website through My Total Compensation and Benefits at www.totalcomponline.com; or
- Call 1 (888) 830-7380 for a provider directory.