Citi Benefits Handbook
Specialty Medication with CVS Caremark
The CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy dispenses oral and injectable specialty medications for the treatment of complex chronic diseases, such as, but not limited to, multiple sclerosis, hemophilia, cancer and rheumatoid arthritis. Prescriptions sent to CVS Caremark Mail Service that should be filled by the Specialty Pharmacy will be forwarded. Specialty medications purchased through the CVS Specialty Pharmacy are limited to a 30-day supply or less. It's important to know that prescriptions for specialty medications take longer to fill than traditional medications due to added steps and approvals.
The CVS Specialty Pharmacy offers the following:
- Once you are using the program, the CVS Specialty Pharmacy will call your physician to obtain a prescription and then call you to schedule delivery.
- Prescription drugs can be delivered via overnight delivery to your home, work or physician's office, or to a CVS pharmacy of your choice, within 48 hours of ordering.
- You are not charged for needles, syringes, bandages or any supplies needed for your injection program.
- A team of representatives is available to take your calls, and you can consult 24/7 with a pharmacist or nurse experienced in injectable medications.
- The CVS Specialty Pharmacy will send monthly refill reminders to you.
To learn more about CVS Caremark's Specialty Pharmacy services, including the cost of your prescription drugs, call 1 (844) 214-6601.