Citi Benefits Handbook
When You Are Not Eligible to Enroll
You are not eligible to enroll in the Plans if:
- Your compensation is not reported on a Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement issued by a participating employer;
- You are employed by a Citi subsidiary or affiliate that is not a participating employer;
- You are engaged under an agreement that states you are not eligible to participate in the applicable plan or program;
- You are a non-resident alien performing services outside the United States; or
- You are classified by Citi as an independent contractor or consultant, or you are employed on a temporary basis hired with the intent to work fewer than six months, or you are not classified as an active full-time or part-time employee, as described above. However, if you are hired as a temporary employee and work for at least 90 days, and you satisfy the definition of a part-time or full-time employee noted above, you become benefits eligible on the date you are employed 90 days without regard for the temporary classification.
If you are not eligible for benefits pursuant to the above and are subsequently reclassified as, or determined to be, an employee by the Internal Revenue Service, any other governmental agency or authority, or a court, or any other individual or entity, or if Citi is required to reclassify you as an employee as a result of such reclassification or determination (including any reclassification in settlement of any claim or action relating to your employment status), you will not become eligible to participate in the Plans by reason of such reclassification or determination retroactively. If a person who is not classified by Citi as an eligible employee otherwise satisfies these eligibility rules and is subsequently reclassified by Citi as an eligible employee, such person, for purposes of these Plans, shall be deemed an eligible employee from the later of the actual or the effective date of such reclassification.
If you are a U.S. citizen or legal resident employed outside the United States or if you are otherwise unsure whether you are eligible to participate in the Plans, call the Citi Benefits Center through ConnectOne at 1 (800) 881-3938. See the For More Information section for detailed instructions, including TDD and international assistance.