Citi Benefits Handbook
Citi provides a basic level of benefits coverage, called core benefits, as well as the opportunity to enroll in additional coverage for yourself and your family. Coverage is effective on your date of hire or the date you become eligible for benefits. Other than the core and non-core LTD (you are automatically enrolled upon initial eligibility with an option to decline the LTD coverage) benefits, you must enroll to have coverage.
Core benefits, provided at no cost to you, are:
- Short-Term Disability (STD) coverage, administered by MetLife; coverage to replace generally up to 100% of your annual base salary for an approved disability leave of up to 13 weeks; the number of weeks at 100% pay will depend on your length of service with Citi;
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) coverage, administered by MetLife, equal to 60% of your benefits eligible pay, provided your benefits eligible pay is less than or equal to $50,000.99;
- Basic Life insurance, equal to your benefits eligible pay if less than $200,000, on your date of eligibility. Basic Life insurance is administered by MetLife; if your benefits eligible pay is equal to or exceeds $200,000, you are not eligible for Basic Life insurance;
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, equal to your benefits eligible pay if less than $200,000, on your date of eligibility. Basic AD&D insurance is insured by MetLife; if your benefits eligible pay is equal to or exceeds $200,000, you are not eligible for Basic AD&D insurance;
- Business Travel Accident/Medical (BTA) insurance, administered by ACE American Insurance Company, of up to five times your benefits eligible pay to a maximum benefit of $2 million; and medical coverage related to covered accidents and/or sickness while traveling on behalf of Citi;
- Be Well Program, administered by Humana; a 24/7, confidential, professional counseling service designed to help you and your household members resolve issues that affect your personal lives or may interfere with job performance;
- Live Well at Citi Program, administered by Health Advocate, RedBrick Health and Citi's self-insured medical carriers (Anthem BlueCross BlueShield, Aetna and Oxford); Citi's comprehensive health and wellness program provides you and your family with tools and resources designed to assist you in managing your health care and achieving your health goals;
- Work/Life Program, administered by Health Advocate; provides assistance and helps employees save time as they face common everyday challenges; services include helping employees find child care, providing free legal assistance, helping with identity theft and more;
Additional benefits to consider that require enrollment:
- Benefits paid with before-tax dollars (as long as you are receiving a paycheck):
- Medical (including the Health Savings Account [HSA] if you are enrolled in the High Deductible Health Plan [HDHP]);
- Health Care Spending Account (HCSA);
- Limited Purpose Health Care Spending Account (LPSA);
- Dependent Day Care Spending Account (DCSA); and
- Transportation Reimbursement Incentive Program (TRIP).
- Benefits paid with after-tax dollars:
- Long Term Disability (LTD), if your benefits eligible pay is $50,001 and above; if your benefits eligible pay is below this amount, LTD is a core benefit provided at no cost to you;
- Group Universal Life (GUL) insurance;
- Supplemental AD&D insurance; and
- Long-Term Care insurance (if enrolled prior to January 1, 2012).