Citi Benefits Handbook
In addition to any benefit-specific exclusion, benefits will not be paid for any covered injury or covered loss that, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, is caused by or results from any of the following unless coverage is specifically provided for by name in this document:
- Service in the armed forces or unit Auxiliary thereto;
- Aviation, other than a fare-paying passenger on a scheduled or charter flight operated by a scheduled airline;
- War, whether declared or undeclared; or act of war, participation in a felony, riot, or insurrection
- Suicide or attempted suicide;
- Intentionally self-inflicted injury;
- Physical or mental illness or infirmity, or the diagnosis or treatment of such illness or infirmity;
- Infection, other than infection occurring in an external, accidental wound;
- Loss caused by or contributed to by voluntary actions such as the voluntary intake or use by any means of:
MetLife will deem a loss to be the direct result of an accidental injury if it results from unavoidable exposure to the elements and such exposure was a direct result of an accident.
If you and your spouse are injured in the same accident and die within 365 days as a result of injuries in such accident, the full amount that MetLife will pay for your spouse's loss of life will be increased to equal the full amount payable for your loss of life.