Citi Benefits Handbook
Changing Your Contribution Amounts
You may change your contributions for the HCSA, LPSA, and DCSA only during annual enrollment or as a result of a qualified change in status.
- If you elect to change your goal amount as a result of a qualified change in status, there are some things you need to know:
- If you increase your spending account goal amount, you cannot use the additional money to reimburse yourself for your health care expenses incurred prior to the date of this qualified change in status. The additional funds will only be available to reimburse those claims with dates of service incurred after the effective date of your qualified change in status.
- If you decrease your spending account goal amount, it will not result in a refund of deductions withheld by payroll prior to the effective date of the qualified change in status.
- You are not permitted to decrease your goal amount if you have used all of the available funds in your spending account.
- All changes must be made within 31 days of the qualified change in status.