Citi Benefits Handbook
Specialty Medication with Express Scripts
Accredo — Express Scripts' specialty pharmacy — dispenses oral and injectable specialty medications for the treatment of complex chronic diseases, such as, but not limited to, multiple sclerosis, hemophilia, cancer and rheumatoid arthritis. Prescriptions sent to Express Scripts Home Delivery that should be filled by Accredo will be forwarded. Specialty medications purchased through Accredo are limited to a 30-day supply or less.
Accredo offers the following:
- Once you are using the Accredo program, Accredo will call your physician to obtain a prescription and then call you to schedule delivery.
- Prescription drugs can be delivered via overnight delivery to your home, work or physician's office within 48 hours of ordering.
- You are not charged for needles, syringes, bandages, sharps containers or any supplies needed for your injection program.
- An Accredo team of representatives is available to take your calls, and you can consult 24/7 with a pharmacist or nurse experienced in injectable medications.
- Accredo will send monthly refill reminders to you.
To learn more about Accredo's services, including the cost of your prescription drugs, call Accredo at 1 (866) 413-4135.
Citi participates in the Exclusive Accredo program (one of the Accredo specialty pharmacy programs). In the event of an emergency, please contact Express Scripts to fill the prescription. You will be charged only the applicable retail/specialty copay.
SaveonSP (currently available through the CP 500 only)
Effective January 1, 2018, the CP500 Medical Plan will include a specialty pharmacy copay assistance program, called SaveonSP. If you enroll in this program, certain high-priced specialty medications will be covered at 100%, with no deductible.
You are eligible to participate in the SaveonSP program if you currently take certain specialty pharmacy drugs that are considered non-essential health benefit specialty drugs under the Plan, or if you begin taking one of these medications at a later date. For a list of these drugs, visit www.saveonsp.com/citi or call SaveonSP at 1 (800) 683-1074. If you enroll in the program, your medication will continue to be filled through Accredo, your specialty mail service provider.
Enrollment in the program is voluntary; however, if you choose not to enroll in SaveonSP, you will pay the prescription drug copay for medications on the Plan's non-essential health benefit specialty drug list and the copay will not count toward your deductible or out-of-pocket maximum. Note that due to the high cost of these specialty medications, monthly copayments range from $750 to more than $8,000 depending on the medication . Please visit www.saveonsp.com/citi for the Citi non-essential health benefit specialty drug list and the monthly copayments that will apply for these drugs if you choose not to enroll in SaveonSP.
To ensure that you do not incur a significant copayment, you must enroll in the SaveonSP program prior to purchasing such medications.
- To enroll, call SaveonSP at 1 (800) 683-1074. A customer service representative will answer your questions and enroll you in the program. Representatives are available Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET and Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.
- If you already participate in a drug copay assistance program from a drug manufacturer in connection with a medication on the non-essential health benefit specialty drug list, please let the customer service representative know this when you call to enroll. You will be asked for your program-issued ID. If you do not have that information, the customer service representative will set up a three-way call with you and the manufacturer copay program so you can consent to the manufacturer copay program providing your information to SaveonSP to complete your enrollment in the program.
- After your initial enrollment, SaveonSP will contact you once annually to ensure that you continue to be properly enrolled in the program.