Citi Benefits Handbook
Specialty Medication with Express Scripts
Accredo— Express Scripts' specialty pharmacy — dispenses oral and injectable specialty medications for the treatment of complex chronic diseases, such as, but not limited to, multiple sclerosis, hemophilia, cancer, and rheumatoid arthritis. Prescriptions sent to Express Scripts Home Delivery that should be filled by Accredo will be forwarded. Specialty medications purchased through Accredo are limited to a 30-day supply or less.
Accredo offers the following:
- Once you are using the Accredo program, Accredo will call your physician to obtain a prescription and then call you to schedule delivery.
- Prescription drugs can be delivered via overnight delivery to your home, work, or physician's office within 48 hours of ordering.
- You are not charged for needles, syringes, bandages, sharps containers, or any supplies needed for your injection program.
- An Accredo team of representatives is available to take your calls, and you can consult 24/7 with a pharmacist or nurse experienced in injectable medications.
- Accredo will send monthly refill reminders to you.
To learn more about Accredo's services, including the cost of your prescription drugs, call Accredo at 1 (866) 413-4135.
Citi participates in the Exclusive Accredo program (one of the Accredo specialty pharmacy programs), which means that, except in the case of an emergency, you can fill a prescription for a specialty medication only twice through a retail pharmacy. After that, the pharmacy will be unable to fill the prescription and you will be required to fill it through Accredo.
In the event of an emergency, please contact Express Scripts to fill the prescription more than twice at a retail pharmacy. You will continue to be charged only the applicable retail/specialty copayment.